OUT OF TOWN PATIENTS
How we make things easier for out of town patients
We understand it can be inconvenient and stressful for some people to access specialist surgical expertise and care. It is possible for you to have straightforward surgery, just by making a single trip to Lodi.
- Get your Knee Score (takes only two minutes) to help you decide if you need to see a surgeon.
- We can review your x-rays before coming to an appointment in Lodi: If you are unsure if you need an appointment, simply contact us and send your knee x-rays to us for initial review. If needed, we can coordinate a phone call with Dr. Howell, to help you make early decisions.
- We handle many things over the phone: Many issues we need to discuss with you can be done by phone, including the Pre-Admission clinic interview.
- Use facilities in your hometown for pre-operative tests and x-rays: If facilities are available to you, tests and imaging can be done in your hometown and results sent to us.
- Very often, your first consultation with Dr. Howell, admission and surgery can be done in two days: If you require straightforward primary knee replacement and are in reasonably good health, with enough notice, we can see you for your first major visit on Tuesday and admit you for surgery the following day. If your surgery and health issues are more complex, we work with you to make other arrangements which will suit you best.
- Helping you find accommodation close by. There are several accommodation options available around Adventist Health Lodi Memorial which may be suitable for your family members who want to be in Lodi with you. We don’t make bookings for you, but here is a helpful resource link.
- Remember, we are available over the phone at any time: Many of your medical issues and questions you have can be dealt with over the phone. We encourage you to pick up the phone as often as you need to.
- Postoperative rehabilitation: The average length of stay at Lodi Memorial following a joint replacement is one (1) night. You may go home after your surgery and follow the home-based rehabilitation exercises prescribed by Dr. Howell.
- We can coordinate all the follow-up appointments over the phone.